As of March 8, 2023, there are approximately 6,000 5G base stations in Phoenix. This number is expected to grow significantly in the coming years, as 5G becomes more widely adopted.
The 5G mobile phone share per capita in Phoenix is still relatively low, but it is growing rapidly. In February 2023, approximately 10% of mobile phone users in Phoenix had a 5G phone. This number is expected to reach 50% by the end of 2023, and 90% by the end of 2024.
The growth of 5G in Phoenix is being driven by a number of factors, including the city’s large population, its status as a major economic and cultural hub, and its commitment to innovation. Phoenix is one of the first cities in the United States to deploy a large-scale 5G network, and it is expected to continue to be a leader in the development and adoption of this new technology.
Here are some of the benefits of 5G:
- Faster speeds: 5G can provide speeds up to 100 times faster than 4G LTE. This means that users can download files, stream videos, and play games much faster than ever before.
- Lower latency: 5G has lower latency than 4G LTE, which means that there is less lag time between when a user sends a request and when the network responds. This is important for applications that require real-time communication, such as gaming, video conferencing, and autonomous driving.
- Increased capacity: 5G can support more devices on the network than 4G LTE. This is important for crowded areas, such as stadiums, concert venues, and airports.
5G is a major technological advancement that has the potential to revolutionize the way we live and work. Phoenix is at the forefront of this revolution, and it is poised to benefit from the many advantages that 5G has to offer.
Here are some of the areas in Phoenix that have 5G coverage:
- Downtown Phoenix
- The Biltmore
- The Phoenix Art Museum
- The Heard Museum
- Chase Field
- State Farm Stadium
- Talking Stick Resort Arena
- Arizona State University
- University of Phoenix Stadium
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
5G coverage is expected to continue to expand in Phoenix in the coming months and years.