The main hardware related to 5G technology includes:
1. 5G base station: The 5G base station is the infrastructure of the 5G network, used to transmit and receive 5G signals and connect and manage 5G terminals.
2. Cell: A cell is the signal coverage area of a 5G base station, and a 5G base station typically covers a range of hundreds of meters to several kilometers.
3. 5G chips: 5G chips are used in 5G terminals to receive and process 5G network signals, including mobile phone chips, automotive chips, and industrial chips.
4. 5G mobile phones: 5G mobile phones have built-in 5G mobile phone chips and can connect to 5G networks and provide 5G services. Major mobile phone manufacturers have launched 5G mobile phone products.
5. 5G gateway: The 5G gateway is used to obtain 5G signals from the 5G network and re-distribute them to other connected devices through Wi-Fi, wired networks, etc. Used for fixed-side networking.
6. 5G spiral antenna: 5G antennas are used for 5G base stations to receive and transmit high-frequency 5G signals (mainly millimeter waves). New 5G spiral antennas have higher performance and smaller sizes.
7. 5G cloud platform: The 5G cloud platform is based on cloud computing and cloud-native architecture, used to deploy 5G core network functions, manage 5G networks and provide computing power and other resources.
8. 5G supporting equipment: This also includes equipment room equipment, optical modules, optical fibers, cables, and other supporting equipment for 5G network construction.
It can be seen that the hardware involved in 5G technology covers all levels of networks and devices from base stations and cells to terminals. The collaborative work of this hardware enables the 5G network to be built and provides ultra-high speed, low latency connectivity and services to users and vertical industries. The performance improvement of each hardware also drives the continuous progress of 5G technology.
Therefore, it can be said that 5G technology hardware constitutes the cornerstone of 5G networks and ecosystems, and is the infrastructure basis for realizing 5G applications and services. It is hard to imagine the 5G era without the support of this hardware.