Microsoft has several departments dedicated to artificial intelligence (AI). These departments include:
- Azure AI: Azure AI is a suite of AI services offered by Microsoft’s cloud computing platform Azure. It includes a variety of AI technologies, such as machine learning, natural language processing, image recognition, and computer vision. Azure AI provides a comprehensive set of tools and resources for developers and data scientists to build and deploy their own AI solutions.
- Microsoft Research: Microsoft Research is Microsoft’s AI research department. It is responsible for basic and applied research in the field of AI. Microsoft Research has made many breakthrough achievements in natural language processing, computer vision, and machine learning, and it has applied these findings to Microsoft’s core products and services.
- AI for Good: AI for Good is a Microsoft initiative that is committed to using AI to solve social problems. AI for Good partners with governments, businesses, and nonprofits to apply AI technologies to education, healthcare, and environmental issues, creating positive impacts for society.
- Microsoft AI Ethics and Society: Microsoft AI Ethics and Society is the department responsible for the ethics and social impact of AI at Microsoft. It is committed to ensuring that the development and use of AI technologies are aligned with ethical and social norms and that they have a positive impact on society.
In addition, Microsoft has multiple AI research centers around the world that are dedicated to basic and applied research in the field of AI.
Here is a more concise version of the answer:
The main AI departments at Microsoft are:
- Azure AI: AI services for developers and data scientists
- Microsoft Research: Basic and applied AI research
- AI for Good: Using AI to solve social problems
- Microsoft AI Ethics and Society: Ensuring the ethical and social impact of AI